View our craft and sewing products terms & conditions
IN PERSON CLASS BOOKINGS
- You may express an interest in a class and reserve a space, but your space will not be confirmed until Full Payment of the class fee is received.
- Should your place be reserved and not paid in full and a paying pupil expresses an interest in booking, you will be given 24 hours to pay your fee before the interested pupil is booked into your place.
- If a class is full you can be added to a waiting list without payment of a fee, but will be asked to pay your fee in full as soon as a place becomes available should you choose to accept it.
- If we put on a class specifically for you on a date and time of your choosing we will require the following from you: If the class is less than 2 months away you will be invoiced for full payment before we put the class on our website, this will guarantee your place and the class will only be opened up for additional bookings and subsequently go ahead once this payment has been received. If the class is more than 2 months away a 25% deposit will be taken – the balance will be invoiced and payable 2 months before the class.
USING YOUR OWN EQUIPMENT
Should you wish to use your own sewing machine or other equipment in a Beautiful Things One to One session, please ensure it is fully operational before the class and that you are in receipt of the instruction manual. Refunds are not available if a class has to cancel or you are unable to take part due to non-operational equipment that you have supplied. All machinery and equipment is provided for group classes unless otherwise stated and use of your own machinery is not permitted.
CANCELLATION OF CLASSES
- If a class is cancelled by the pupil up to 7 working days before the class a full refund of fees is available.
- If a class is cancelled by the pupil within 7 working days of the class a £15 administration fee will be retained by Beautiful Things.
- If a class is cancelled by the pupil within 24 hours of the class no refunds will be offered.
BOOKING & CANCELLATION OF ONE2ONE TUITION
- Pre payment of tuition fees is required in full to reserve your place
- As One2One slots often replace our ability to teach a group class we are unable to refund you if you cancel within 30 days of your session
- If your session is cancelled by the provider for any reason a transfer will be offered
- If you need to change the date of a One2One session this can only be done 30 days or more prior to your booked date.
Beautiful Things reserves the right to re-schedule and cancel classes. Should his happen you will be offered the chance to re-schedule or receive a full refund.
Beautiful Things HQ is housed in a listed building and as such has some planning & building regulations which must be adhered to at all times. These are:
- Opening hours of 7am – 9pm. Therefore all evening classes MUST finish at 9pm promptly. Your tutor will do his or her best to ensure that you have finished your project, however your best endeavours to support the ‘flow’ of your class are appreciated. For this reason we must also start promptly and ask that you arrive 10 – 15 minutes prior to your classes advertised start time to make yourself comfortable.
- No more than 7 adults in the building at any one time. – Classes are therefore limited to no more than 6 + your tutor
- No more than 6 children and 3 adults. – This applies to all children’s classes and parties. The 3 adults will be made up of your child’s tutor and up to 2 parents/carers who wish to attend and supervise.
- Parking is available free of charge in the visitors car park. This is the yard directly as you drive into the gate. Please walk around the brick building into the courtyard. Beautiful Things HQ is the last unit adjacent to the Road. Please be advised that at night the area appears extremely dark, however security lighting will come on as you leave your car and walk round.
- When leaving the building (particularly at night) please be aware that there are 3 residencies on site and our neighbours may be resting.
I hope you will appreciate that in order to secure such a wonderful place to learn from we have had to agree to these terms with our landlord. We ask that you make note of the restrictions at the time of your booking.
SNOW & SEVERE WEATHER POLICY
As we are based on a main road with direct connections to Brentwood town centre and the A127 it is very unlikely that snow or severe weather will cause us to close. Classes will still take place unless you are notified on the day via text, email or phone call. Should you arrive at BTHQ and find nobody there, please bear with us as we too may be taking it easy on the roads to get there safely.
Should we need to cancel a class as we are unable to get to BTHQ then you will be offered an alternative date to take part in your class at a later date.
Subscription groups are run on a quarterly basis. You are usually asked to pay a joining fee which is non refundable to secure your space on a programme, followed by a quarterly subscription which will renew automatically.
You can cancel this subscription at any time but no amount is refundable. You will still have access to your course/group for the duration of your fee. i.e If you pay in mid January for your subscription and cancel in February you will remain part of the group/programme until mid april.
It is the customers responsibility to cancel their subscription before it renews should they wish to leave a group or programme. Refunds are not offered under any circumstance.